We are HR Consultants with a prominent Client base across the South West of England including Exeter, Newton Abbot and Plymouth, Devon who provide outsourced Human Resources advice to small to medium sized businesses.
For the small business, there are a number of advantages to using a HR Consultant. Instead of hiring an internal HR Manager/Director you can save money by outsourcing it to a HR Consultant like Westcountry HR.
HR Consultants can be engaged in various ways, from monthly retained support, hourly, and on a contract basis attending your business as and when you wish, keeping you in control of your budget.
All businesses regardless of size will need HR support. For the small business this can be a struggle as many do not have a HR Department and nor can afford to, yet they will still need to be able to deal with people related matters on a day to day basis and a lot of the time don’t know how to for fear of getting it wrong.
A HR Consultant can offer objective, unbiased advice and are able to share with you other business stories, success and ideas. They are experienced in Employment Law and are therefore best placed to advise on the people matter the business struggles to deal with.
At Westcountry HR we provide:
- Westcountry HR will act as your personal HR Consultant – i.e. no call centre
- Provide an Employee Handbook with all your office policies and procedures in
- Update the Handbook annually as and when legislation changes
- Provide you with employment contracts, offer letters for existing and new starters
- Provide Induction Checklists and Probation Review forms
- Provide remote advice and guidance on all your employment and HR queries
- Advise on sickness absence, poor performance and disciplinary and grievances etc.
- Provide you with template letters, forms, policies and how to guides as and when required.
- Monthly catch-up call – day of month to be agreed
- Provide legislative updates, via a quarterly newsletter.
- Free attendance to any Westcountry HR Event
- Appraisal set up
- GDPR documentation
Have a HR problem?
At Westcountry HR we like to get to know all our clients. Part of our service is to initially come out and visit your business for free to get to know you and your HR needs.
For further information, download our brochure.
Nicola was recommended to us by a long standing client and local business owner. Having never used a HR Consultant before, we were unsure what to expect. However, since Nicola has come on board, she has provided us with invaluable HR assistance. She is highly personable, extremely knowledgeable, efficient and professional in all areas of her work. We whole heartedly recommend her services to others.
Nicki has been supporting the business now since Feb 2018 and has provided us with all the HR Support we need from a HR Manager. Although Westcountry HR are an outscourced HR Company, they have really got to know the team and business well and is a great cost saving to any business looking to outsource HR.
“We have consistently received excellent help and advice from Nicki at Westcountry HR and can thoroughly recommend Westcountry HR for all of your HR and employment matters”
MJ Baker Foodservice have worked with Nicola for over 2 years and during this time we have found her to be an excellent HR professional with good HR knowledge. Due to her being located within the Westcountry she has her finger on the pulse with regards to HR matters and economic issues across the region. She has always responded to our communication in an efficient manner.
We have been using Westcountry HR since the beginning of 2018 after our in-house HR Manager retired. We have been extremely impressed with the work Nicki and her team have carried out and highly recommend them for any business looking to outsource their HR.
Advice and Guidance
- Employment law advice.
- Poor performance.
- Capability and conduct matters.
- Grievance and disciplinary hearings.
- Long and short term absence.
Bespoke Project Work
- Business restructure.
- Employee engagement plans.
- Employee benefits setup.
- Leadership and management support.
- HR department setup.
HR Admin Support
- Employment contracts.
- Employee handbooks.
- Policies and procedures.
- Sick and Holiday Forms
- HR letters.
- Probationary reviews.
- Performance appraisals.
- 360 degree feedback.
- Learning and development.
- Job adverts.
- Sifting applications.
- Job descriptions.
- Induction procedures.
Training and Development
- Carry out internal training.
- Training needs analysis.
- Succession planning.
- Personal development.
Contact Westcountry HR now for Employment Contracts, Handbooks, HR support and advice!